Thursday, 15 April 2010

Happy holidays

Almost at the end of the school holidays unfortunately... have had a really lovely, chilled fortnight. So nice to have sunshine after the long, cold winter... we have had the paddling pool out in the garden and even the barbecue which has been fab. Bought the barbecue last summer but didn't get to use it once, so it was good to christen it with a few sausages at long last!

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a huge amount of writing done recently. Novel 5 is now up to 57,000 words and I have been tearing my hair out over it - getting tangled up in different storylines and probably trying to pack too much in. Fingers crossed it all comes right in the second draft. May have to wield the red pen and scalpel to knock it into shape.

Much more exciting is the fact that Sweet Temptation is off at the printers... yay! German and Dutch rights have been sold already which is brilliant news. Hurrah! I really can't wait to see finished copies now... it is just the best bit of the whole process when the box arrives and you get to hold an actual copy of your book in your hands for the very first time. And with a bit of luck, seeing them will inspire me to finish the next book... here's hoping!

9 comments:

LilyS said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to read the new book. Enjoy the last of the holiday and here#s hoping the weather stay nice.

Lucy Diamond said...

Thanks Lily! Hope you're enjoying this sun too - long may it last!

HieuThao said...

replicas de relogios Ulysse Nardins

nail artTo see what I'm reading you'll need to visit my blog! My reading pile is soooo big, and about to be added to by 4 bought on amazon yesterday!!!

Lunch sounds good.

naruto said...

it support

Apartamentos de férias na MadeiraI remember well how nervous I was before J started school, now I'm just preparing myself for him leaving for Uni in September.

What a brilliant question your daughter asked. I bet they haven't had questions about their decor before. She will go far.

For Whom the Bell Tolls is one of those books I keep meaning to read, but haven't as yet managed to do so.

Hieuhap said...

hypnotherapy Bournemouth

psicologia clinica el escorialCongratulations!! Oooo will it be out in time for my holiday (3rd Aug)? I need some reading material and I have waterstone vouchers yippeee!!!

Blackcat said...

homes for sale in tucson

ganhar dinheiroo see what I'm reading you'll need to visit my blog! My reading pile is soooo big, and about to be added to by 4 bought on amazon yesterday!!!

Lemon_tree said...

chiropractor Huntsville Al

Transfer Factor Glucoach

you are invited to follow my blog
Very nice sitcom to watch online. Funny and entertaining.

LU-PICACHU said...

Rehab New Jersey

Rechtsanwalt Siegen
Have a good day!!!

apple said...

wildlife photography

borse da tennis
I'm waiting for HMY and TRE to get hammered. Then I'll buy some more.
GOt to say, NGD is looking strong.