Okay, this is the big one... the one with the huuuuuuge prize that is well worth winning before you go on your summer holidays. To celebrate the publication of Hens Reunited, I'm delighted to announce competition number two... where you - yes, YOU! - could win a teetering tower of books, all kindly donated by those lovely people at Pan Macmillan. The books that one lucky winner will receive are:
Pictures of You by Jane Elmor
In the Heart of the Canyon by Elisabeth Hyde
Housewife in Love by Alison Penton Harper
I Remember by Noelle Harrison
The Love of My Life by Louise Douglas
Guernica by Dave Boling
Devotion by Nell Leyshon
The Lady and the Poet by Maeve Haran
50 Ways to Find a Love by Lucy Ann Holmes
Beachcombing by Maggie Dana
(Click on the link to see each book's Amazon page where you can find out more.)
(Is this exciting or WHAT?)
So, what you do you have to do to win such a fabulous prize? Well, I'll tell you. All you need to do is to write a limerick which includes the words HENS REUNITED LUCY and DIAMOND (in any order). Yes, all right, I know it was a similar competition last year and clearly I am totally unoriginal, but you were all so bloody brilliant at writing limericks last time and, more to the point, I had such a good laugh reading them that I couldn't resist giving it another go. So here we are!
1) The competition closes at 6pm British Summer Time on Thursday 6th August.
2) You can leave your entry in the comments box, or, if you feel shy, you can email it/them to me: lucy at lucydiamond dot co dot uk.
3) The judge's decision is final
4) You can enter as many times as you wish
5) Usual terms and conditions apply
6) To be a true limerick, the words at the end of the first, second and fifth lines need to rhyme, with a different rhyme at the end of the third and fourth. Here's an example:
There was a young lady from Ickenham
Who went on a bus trip to Twickenham
She drank too much beer
Which made her feel queer
So she took off her boots and was sick-in-em
But I'm sure you can do a classier limerick than that, can't you? Can't you?!
I hereby declare that competition #2 is.... open!
Flat available on a short term rent.
2 hours ago