Monday, 27 July 2009

Drum-roll please...

After DAYS of suspense, HOURS of nailbiting, whole MINUTES of agony, I can now tell you that the results to my anagram competition are in. The judge has made his decision, and all votes have been counted and verified. Oh no, hang on, that's not right. I've got a bit of paper with the anagrams typed up and my husband has scribbled 1,2 and 3 on anyway.

Just to recap, the competition was to make an anagram from the letters in the words 'LUCY DIAMOND HENS REUNITED'. And without any further ado, I can now announce that in third place, and due a virtual pat on the back and a loud "Hurrah!" is ...







last-year's winner Pat Posner for her anagram: 'Um! Nice horny lads tied nude'

A bonus commendation for rudness, as my husband put it. Well done, Pat!






Next in second place, in for a virtual pat on the back and an even louder "Hurrah!" is.....











the lovely Karen Clarke for "Disenchanted mouldy urine"! Karen, I know you thought you should get your coat but no! The judge said it made him laugh, so you're my worthy runner-up!




Now for the big one. The winner of the Lucy Diamond anagram competition 2009 is...









*isn't this exciting?!*






the lovely AND talented Lily Sheehan for 'Lured into mid saucy hen den'!
Congratulations Lily! If you could email me your address (email me on lucy at lucydiamond dot co dot uk) I will put a signed copy of Hens Reunited in the post to you asap. Well done!

Stay tuned as I've got another fab competition coming up very soon, just as soon as I've blagged a good prize in fact! xxx

3 comments:

Pat Posner said...

HaHa! I don't think I've ever had a commendation for rudeness before!

Cograts to Karen and ultimate congrats to Lily!

Lily Sheehan said...

woooooohooooooooooo I am soooooo excited. I have never won anything so brilliant since 'Fully Booked's' luxury luggage when I was ickle. THANK YOU!!!

Thanks to you too Pat and congrats to you and Karen. A pleasure to be in such good company.

Am emailing you now Lucy!!

Karen said...

Ooh I say, thanks Lucy (sorry for using the word urine!) and well done to Pat and especially Lily :o))