Monday, 1 June 2009

Fifteen books

I was tagged by the lovely Jessica Ruston on Facebook recently to post a list of fifteen memorable books. And being lazy - I mean, extremely smart - I thought, hey, there's a blogpost in this. Here's my list and the intro:

Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes...

Okay so here goes with mine, in no particular order:

1. Catcher in the Rye
2. To Kill A Mockingbird
3. The Bell Jar
4. Trainspotting
5. Lord of the Flies
6. Danny the Champion of the World
7. The Wasp Factory
8. Our Mutual Friend
9. The Magus
10. What A Carve-Up
11. The Colour of Memory
12. Rebecca
13. For Whom The Bell Tolls
14. The Edible Woman
15. Claudine At St Clare's

I felt a bit stressed trying to pick THE ultimate fifteen - I'm sure I've missed out loads I should have put in, but hey. That's what 'Edit Post' is for, right?!

Try it yourself - let me know what your fifteen are!

10 comments:

JJ Beattie said...

Fab list. There are some there that would appear on my list, some that are on the TBR pile, and ... well, and some others.

(Claudine at St Clare's? How did you choose just one from the whole series?)

Lucy Diamond said...

It was REALLY difficult choosing one single Enid Blyton - I almost cheated and put down her entire oeuvre - but I went for Claudine as it was the first St Clare's book I read, and I absolutely loved it. I can still see that cover image so clearly - Claudine falling into the school swimming pool, looking alarmed!

Lane said...

Ooh that's so difficult. Love your list. I'd have your first three definitely - and probably a Malory Towers:-)

Lucy Diamond said...

Lane, I did consider a Malory Towers - I reckon I'd go for the one where they put on Cinderella (fifth form, I think!) but Claudine just nabbed it in the end!

MelRox said...

lovely list! Rebecca was great...we seem to have the same taste for books though I don't read usually

Debs said...

Love your list. I have some of those on my tbr list too.

claire p said...

Rebecca would be on my list as well. Humm, will ponder and maybe do a post of my own....Can't be more embaressing than admitting to what's on my ipod!!

Lucy Diamond said...

Funnily enough the ones that sprang most quickly to mind were ones I'd read as a teenager/ in my early twenties. I wonder if they felt more vivid and 'wow!' back then because I was a young, impressionable thing (as opposed to old world-weary thing I am these days!)

Captain Black said...

Aha, we share one: The Wasp Factory.

文章 said...

avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,AV女優