Friday, 29 May 2009

Good news!

Do you remember, way way way back back back through the mists of time, I wrote this post about a picture book text I'd been working on?

Well. Well! I had a very (very very very) nice phone call yesterday afternoon to say... that somebody wants to publish it! Yes! Somebody wants to turn my little story into a book with real actual beautiful colour artwork to illustrate it!

It's a publisher I haven't worked with before, but one I really rate (as a parent AND an author) so I am utterly utterly thrilled and excited. Haven't signed a contract yet so I don't want to jinx it by going into too much detail now... but I WILL just say that I'm particularly pleased because the story came from my son having bad dreams and me trying to think up weird ways to stop them... so there's a personal connection for me which I really like. And ooooh I am just dead excited wondering which artist they will suggest to illustrate the story, and imagining all the different kinds of styles in which it could be done. Hurrah!

Other news... it's been half-term here this week and a very chilled one we've had too. We've had long lie-ins every morning, hung out in our pyjamas quite a bit, been to the park, had friends round, played with Playmobil, made a marble cake, been swimming, watched Night At The Museum (the first one - ace) and the kids have had a jumble sale (or 'jungle sale' as my youngest keeps calling it) where they've sold their toys to each other (strange, but it kept them entertained for ages!)
I'm working today and I'm back on the new novel - yay - and have cleared the decks of other work so that I've got the whole of the next two weeks as well to devote to it. I don't want to tempt fate but I'm hoping to *whisper it* finish the thing by then.... fingers crossed!

14 comments:

Fia said...

That's fantastic, Lucy. The publisher sounds really keen so looking forward to seeing it in print soon.

Fia (aka Fiona who's moved her blog) x

Lane said...

Brilliant news! Sounds like it's going to be a smashing book. And if the story helped your son, think how many other children it will help.

Glad you've had a chilled half term:-)

L-Plate Author said...

Oh, well done missey, I am so chuffed for you! You give me inspiration as well!

Good luck on finishing your draft, I'm trying to do a bit on mine today but...damn,the sun keeps coming out...x

Captain Black said...

That's great news. Well done!

Phillipa said...

Congratulations, Lucy!

ChrisH said...

Brilliant news, well done! (Hope it rubs off on me!).

Debs said...

Many congratulations, that's wonderful news.

Lucy Diamond said...

Awww, thanks, all of you! I've got some bubbly in the fridge for later! xxx

Tam said...

Hurrah!! Super news :-)

Pat Posner said...

That's great news, Lucy. Looking forward to hearing more details.

Good luck with finishing the new one in the next two weeks.

claire p said...

Hurh! and hurah! Well done you.

Lucy Diamond said...

Thanks Tam, Thanks Pat, Thanks Claire! Will post more as soon as contract is out of the way!

Emily Gale said...

Fab news about the picture book. As someone who draws like a four year old minus the charm there is nothing I like better than seeing a story I've written brought to life by a wonderful illustrator. Can't wait to read yours - we don't have any bad dreams picture books (which seems pretty staggering considering the number of picture books we own...you've clearly found a gap in the market!)

I LOVE YOU said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色,性愛