Saturday, 9 May 2009

And into the closing stretch...

Woohoooooo! After a few fabulous writing days, I'm galloping towards the end of Novel 4, and God, it feels great. Just one chapter left to write for each of my (three) heroines, plus an epilogue, and then it'll be time for that magical can't-be-beaten moment of typing 'The End'. Ahhhhh!
It's a way off being finished-proper, obviously; once I've reached 'The End' I'll want to leave it a few weeks to stew, and then pull it apart in an edit, but most of the meat is on the bones now and I'm sooooo happy about that. I really like wrapping up all the storylines and dishing out the happy endings, and I need a good juicy come-uppance for a super-bitch character too, not sure what yet, but she's definitely gonna get it...

Anyway, I've got all sorts of treats lined up for myself when I finish it - I'm going to use my 'book spa' voucher at Mr B's (lovely independent book shop in town), I'm going to buy myself a new bead for my bracelet, oh, and I think a nice bottle of bubbly might be in order too, don't you?

It's all very timely, I must say, this book-finishing, because an excellent new character has popped into my head this week, and she's looking like she'll make a fab (and funny) heroine for another book. Hmmmm...

Talking (writing) of books, I've just started The House at Midnight by Lucie Whitehouse, which I'm enjoying. Fabulously atmospheric so far, I suspect much creepiness to come. Lovely stuff. Am currently eyeing up The Children's Book by AS Byatt which I spotted in Waterstones this afternoon, oooh, just the most beautiful cover, I almost bought it for that alone...

It's hen party-tastic in Bath today, hordes of girls in L-plates, tiaras and matching T-shirts all out on the prowl. I have to restrain myself from tipping them off about Hens Reunited, out in just 3 months now, you know!

11 comments:

claire p said...

I love AS Byatt, will look out for that.

I'm in the middle of the edit on number two. So frustrating because I'm itching to get on with number three.

Good luck with it all, sounds very exciting xxxx

liz fenwick said...

Enjoy the rush to end and your treats!

I really enjoyed the House at Midnight.


lx

Lane said...

Well done! I love the sound of your well deserved treats!

Lucy Diamond said...

Claire P - cheers - and good luck with your edit. Hope it sorts itself out soon.

Liz - I am loving The H at M so far, can't stop thinking about the characters!

Lane - treats are the only way to get through novel-writing, I think. Bring them on!

Captain Black said...

Looking forward to #3 and #4...

Debs said...

Well done. You deserve your new bead for that gorgeous bracelet.

Chicklit Addict said...

Getting excited for you! I love the rush of adrenaline when a book comes to an end - that's a very good sign

Lucy Diamond said...

Captain Black - cheers! Not as much as I am! :)

Debs - aww, thanks. I have been oohing and ahhing over my lovely bead catalogue!

Chicklit Addict - absolutely, that's just how I feel. Can't wait to let rip with the ending!

MelRox said...

well done! enjoy the rush!

thrillpier said...

Check your articles with a plagiarism
checker before you publish them and you won't have a problem.
holiday to barbadosPredictive Maintenance Consulting

uknowme said...

thanks for sharetrajes de comuniĆ³nCapsiplex Reviews