Friday, 24 April 2009

Parcels

Oooh.... don't you just love parcels? The knock at the door, the what-could-it-BE? excitement, the frenzied unwrapping, the "Ooh, look!" denouement... What's not to like?
I've had some lovely parcels in the last few days. The page proofs of Hens Reunited have come through which is v exciting - so nice to see all my words set out in proper pages rather than in my bog-standard Arial 12 on tatty sheets of A4. It gives me a little frisson, the realisation that my story is actually going to be a REAL book... and not too long to wait now!

I've also been sent a big parcel of books from my editor which, I must be honest, is even more exciting than the page proofs. She sent:

The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent
I Remember by Noelle Harrison (love this cover!)
Pictures of You by Jane Elmor
and Guernica by Dave Boling which I've read so many brilliant things about (and also has a fab cover).

So that will keep me quiet for a while... As will the third parcel I received, completely out of the blue, which was two bottles of Cuervo Margaritas which we sampled last night.... delish. We also tried out a salsa dancing DVD (in the name of research) which was so bad it was hilarious - a dead cheap one-take production where the presenters kept fluffing their lines. All together now... One, two, three... Five, six, seven!

15 comments:

Lily Sheehan said...

We have had our mail redirected prematurely so I'm not likely to receive anything exciting at my door. I may have to go shopping!

claire p said...

Oooh how lovely! I just get bills and hospital appointments.

Thank you soooooo much for your support for Digging for Victoria. Coming form a professional writer of the same genre that means a grat deal. Let's just hope the agents think the same!!

Lucy Diamond said...

Lily - yes, internet shopping is the answer! Get yourself a few deliveries on order!

Claire - I know! Not one, not two, but three goodies... I'm sure I'm due umpteen bills for that.
And good luck with Digging for Victoria!

Debs said...

Fab parcels indeed.

I love nothing more than my poor, weary postman delivering yet another box of books to my door.

Lucy Diamond said...

Oh, me too. What a joy!

bcfreviews said...

Your publishers are great at parcels! :0) I've already had The Heretic's Daughter, I Remember You (sadly they're not read yet) and Guernica (which was really good!); and I've just been sent Pictures of You.

The latter came with Hens Reunited, but I haven't been able to start your yet, because it's too big for the bath, which is where my main reading has been recently!

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Yes, getting parcels is exciting, especially if you can't remember what you ordered, which is usually my case!

CJ xx

Lucy Diamond said...

BCFReviews - I don't know how you do it! It must be great receiving so many book-filled parcels...
(And yes - reading in the bath - perfect.)

Crystal - ahh yes, that's happened to me before. A lovely surprise!

Lane said...

Magaritas and books. What could be better than that apart from your own PROOFS! So exciting.

Also, my younger daughter has been deliberating which story to finish writing in the Usbourne comp. Without any influence from me (honest) she's going with yours:-)

Lucy Diamond said...

Ooh, really?? How exciting! Good choice, that girl (ahem... and you)!

Leigh said...

Perhaps you would consider having your post redirected here... it would make a change from the big, brown, self-addressed envelopes that keep thumping on my mat... I promise to look after the Cuervo Margaritas for you. Promise.

Lucy Diamond said...

Boooooo to the big brown self-addressed envelopes... And thanks for the kind offer of looking after the margaritas...ahem... but there's not a lot left...

Beleaguered Squirrel said...

Ooh, so how come your editor sends you books? Are they other titles from the same publisher?

I remember my first editor said I could have any books from the imprint, but I never got round to finding out if there was anything there I fancied having...

Beleaguered Squirrel said...

I agree that parcels are marvellous, and I still get excited when the postman arrives... even though my letters are all dull and official and my parcels are always Sensible Online Shopping items like the boxes of nappy soak and BHS school trousers which arrived yesterday!

Which reminds me, I need to go and find an online Verruca Sock Outlet. Oh, my life is so riveting. ;)

文章 said...

avdvd,色情遊戲,情色貼圖,女優,偷拍,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站,成人論壇,080聊天室,免費a片,視訊美女,視訊做愛,免費視訊,伊莉討論區,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性感影片,正妹,走光,色遊戲,情色自拍,kk俱樂部,好玩遊戲,免費遊戲,貼圖區,好玩遊戲區,中部人聊天室,情色視訊聊天室,聊天室ut,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟,情色遊戲,情色a片,情色網,性愛自拍,美女寫真,亂倫,戀愛ING,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,成人短片,美女交友,美女遊戲,18禁,三級片,自拍,後宮電影院,85cc,免費影片,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,日本a片,AV女優