Monday, 13 April 2009

I've Lost That Blogging Feeling...




Pathetic slackness on the blog front lately, I apologise. We've just been away for a few days in the Highlands where Best Mate and her family live now... wow. It is amazing up there. Huge skies, vast empty white-sand beaches, glittering lochs around every corner, brooding heather-covered hills with swathes of pine trees.... okay, so I sound as if I'm writing the copy for the Highlands Appreciation Society, but really, it was stunning. And we had gorgeous weather too the whole time we were up there. I reckon that whole 'It always rains in Scotland' line is a myth, you know, to stop tourists flooding the place and wrecking it for the locals. We went to two different beaches (Dornoch and Polin, if that means anything to you) and it was fabulous, especially Polin which we had pretty much to ourselves. Lit a fire, toasted marshmallows, made dams and castles, even did a bit of paddling (not me, too much of a wuss). And in the evenings, we drank far too much booze and ate far too much chocolate, so all in all, it was pretty blooming perfect.


Happy Easter!


6 comments:

Chicklit Addict said...

What gorgeous pictures. Wish I Was There!

claire p said...

Sounds fab! Glad you're back with us.

pierre l said...

The pictures are indeed lovely. Blogging is not mandatory -- it should be fun. Your readers will still be here when you feel like blogging again.

wontletlifedefineme said...

It looks amazing!

Lily Sheehan said...

Great pics!

Captain Black said...

Hey, I've just got back from the Highlands as well. Wasn't the weather great? I did far too much outdoors stuff and nowhere near enough booze nor chocolate. I'm totally knackered now.