Thursday, 12 March 2009

Mad March mare

Sorry... I have been a bit slack on the blogging front lately, am having a mad March in a headless chicken, running around frantically sort of a way. Roll on relaxing April, I say.

I'm off to Oxford next week for THREE WHOLE NIGHTS away from the kids... I have never been away from them for so long, so I feel a bit strange about that. I am this year's 'Reader in Residence' at the Oxford Literary Festival (don'cha know) which involves me doing nine hour-long library events over three days. I'm launching my new Secret Mermaid series so will hopefully give that a good start and lots of publicity but I think it's going to be pretty knackering, and I'm sure I will be crawling back home at the end of it. Having said that, I do feel quite excited about a) going back to Oxford (I lived there for about a year ten years ago) and b) staying in a hotel! It's the little things...

12 comments:

liz fenwick said...

have a wonderful time and enjoy every minute then report back in detail please!!!!!

lx

Pat Posner said...

So exciting, Lucy/Sue!

Your Secret Mermaid series looks great, I love the covers.

Caroline said...

Secret Mermaid looks fabulous! Have fun next week x

JJ Beattie said...

I quite understand being excited about the small things. I still do too.

I hope it goes brilliantly for you.

wontletlifedefineme said...

Have fun!!

Lucy Diamond said...

Oh cheers, all of you! I have just printed out the prototype of my speech and need to practise it a few times now... as well as tracking down a plastic skull and sparkly fairy wand... two essential props!

Debs said...

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Can't wait to hear all about it.

pierre l said...

You have been a busy lady! Those books look great and I shall order a set. Best wishes for next week.

blogcar said...

Unod a hideget? Szilveszterezz a tavaszban! Most féláron megteheted!
replica breitling watcheson line clothing

007 said...

Saturn is probably best known for its system of planetary rings, which makes it the most visually remarkable object in the solar system
servanterNaples Florida houses for sale

Let'go said...

forumlinkbuilding.com reviewsclases particulares inglesIt properly. You really smart. I am very happy for it. Wish a nice day.good night.
Hello. Glad to know you. I hope you will be interested in this ad. Hopefully it will not bother you.
_

simson12 said...

You have inspired me to to ponder reorganizing a brigade to be used in large units. I think my Russians would be the easiest since they already have the same facing. I will post a photo when I work out the details. You are absolutely correct, Reich Duke Wilhelm was snubbed not me. Thanks for your insight...Bill

replica rolexseks tips