Wednesday, 28 January 2009

Catching up

Sorry for the silence... things have been a bit shit here lately. I'll spare you the details but let's just say there have been some scary A&E visits, tears, sleepless nights and general angst - you get the picture. Anyway, I think everything will be all right now, thank goodness, so normal life is returning gradually.

Back to the positive stuff: I'm working on the new novel today and it feels blissful to be back on it, I am really enjoying writing this one. It's another three-hander and I'm in the middle of my favourite character Lauren's latest chapter - she's really spiky and a bit of a cow, actually, although there's a heart of gold buried in there somewhere.... anyway, she's great fun to write. I'm hoping to crack the 30,000-word mark by school pick-up time... wish me luck.

I'll write a proper post soon, honest...

17 comments:

Lily Sheehan said...

Good luck with the word count. I look forward to reading the next one!

Sally Lawton said...

Sorry to hear things have been a bit rubbish.
Good luck with the afternoon of writing, I'm getting stuck in to mine today!

x

Lane said...

Hope you cracked the 30k!

JJ said...

Oh god, sorry to hear about the real life dramas.

My fingers are crossed for the fictional dramas instead.

Captain Black said...

Good luck with the new book.

B said...

that sounds awful! hope things have calmed down for you all now. glad to see you back!

liz fenwick said...

((()))s of thew tough stuff and wtg on the words.
lx

Debs said...

Very best of luck with the novel, I look forward to reading it.

Sorry things have been crappy, but glad to hear they're on the up again.

wontletlifedefineme said...

I hope things will start looking up soon! And good luck writing. :)

claire p said...

Hospitals, yuck! We see far too much of them as well. Hope all is well now (()).
Good luck with the 30k. A real milestone, did you get there? Yes course you did. Amazon is sending me 'Over You', looking foward to it.

Lucy Diamond said...

You are all so lovely, thank you.
And yes - I managed to squeak up to 30,333 words before the school run. Hurrah!
xxxx

L-Plate Author said...

Well done you! (says the woman who's word count has gone stagnant because of her sagas with hospitals and sleepless nights)

Good luck with the rest of the novel and I do hope things improve for you soon missey x

Clare Sudders said...

Eek at the A&E stuff! Hope all is all right. And of course the nosey parker in me wants to know everything, but there you go.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Hugs for the tough stuff, yee-hahs for the writing progress.

Amanda Mann said...

So sorry to hear this, Lucy. Hope everything is getting better and better and that you're continuing to steam ahead with the wordcount...

Debi said...

Oh yikes! What's all that about????

Leigh said...

Sorry, just catching up myself (had flu).
Sounds like a horrible, horrible nightmare, and I'm really glad everything's on the up.