Monday, 11 August 2008

Catching up

Sorry for the paucity of blog posts recently...feel busy busy with the school holidays and wedding stuff at the moment.

The book signing was great on Saturday - thanks for all your nice words. It was pouring with rain all day but the shop was still busy and I sold lots of books to lots of nice people. I had an email from the shop this morning saying it was the most successful Saturday signing they've had for a long time, sales-wise, so that's brilliant news and made all the nerves etc beforehand seem worthwhile.

I've had some really lovely emails and texts from people who've read Over You - thank you, thank you, thank you. They mean so much to me. It is so nerve-racking waiting to hear what people think of your book(s), I've had a few wobbles of self-doubt and angst this time ("I'm not a real writer... I've got away with it so far but it's only a matter of time before someone realises I'm actually crap..." etc.) Terrible. So thanks again if you've read it and sent me a nice message - I really appreciate it.

I've also had some feedback from one of my new children's book proposals - I'm going to London next week to discuss it with my editor in a meeting (with cake, I do believe, which always oils the wheels of creativity for me) so that all sounds very promising. She said she definitely definitely wants this new series (six books, whoopee) but wants to discuss it further before I write up a formal proposal. Which is obviously fine by me.

Better go and start making tea for the masses. Have a good week, everyone!

14 comments:

Sarah*G* said...

Glad the book signing went well. I am sure you have nothing to wrry about with people liking the new book. I can't wait to read it. I have a little pile of books to read and yours is next.

B said...

Keep all the emails and messages. Read them next time thoughts like that strike you. You are fabulous and write Very Good Books :)

pierre l said...

well done with the book signing. I hope the book reading in the children's section also went well.

Lily Sheehan said...

I think sometimes its good that you doubt yourself because youl always strive to do better than before. Each time you get the reassurance that you are actually a brilliant writer then it will mean so much more. I hope that made sense. Congrats on a great weekend! I think you're a great writer btw and was sorry I dont live in Bath because I really want my book signed!!!

JJ said...

Hey, I'm so glad the book signing went well. I was having anxiety dreams on your behalf! I bought OY while I was in the UK, and can't wait to read it.

Captain Black said...

My TBR pile just got one taller.
Glad the signing went well.

Pat Posner said...

Glad the signing went well.
And what fantastic news on the children's series.
Have a great time eating cake with your editor.

Debs said...

Glad the book signing went so well. I'm waiting for my copy to arrive but it always takes a bit longer over here.

Enjoy the cake.

Kate Lord Brown said...

Hello - great blog, glad to have found you! Strangely enough I really did go to college with someone called Lucy Diamond - small world!

Tam said...

Cor, cake?? I can't wait until I'm a proper writer and can have meetings with editor and cake!
Glad the signing went well. Hope you took the necessary precautions for streaking in the rain??

Lucy Diamond said...

Hi Sarah*g* - thank you so much for adding my book to the pile! I hope you like it.

b - Good idea. Nice emails always cheer me up. x

Pierre - thanks! The reading went fine, cheers.

Lily - that makes perfect sense. Thank you. I'm sorry you don't live in Bath too!

JJ - oh no! Anxiety dreams on my behalf! I hope they've stopped now (and thanks for buying my book mwah x)

Captain Black - thank you. I do love being on all these TBR piles, it's so exciting!

Hi Pat - I am really looking forward to that cake. Oh, and the meeting too, obviously...

Oh thanks Debs - I hope you like the book when it arrives!

Hello Kate and welcome! And fancy you knowing a real Lucy Diamond! Mine is only a made-up name, sadly, my real name is much uncooler and more difficult to pronounce/remember. How lucky the real Lucy D is having such a cool name her whole life!

Tam - oh, I so enjoy the cake and lunches and other treats of author life! Makes up for all the angst-ridden bits in a flash!
PS I kept my clothes on after all pre-signing. I'll save the streak for another time... like never!

ChrisH said...

Lucy - saw from the Book trade news today that 'Over You' is in the Lovereading top ten. Huge congratulations.

Lucy Diamond said...

Oooh! That is so exciting. thanks for letting me know!

anonymous said...

Upon being designated, Tropical Depression Fifteen developed deep convection close to, and to the east of, the center of circulation. At the same time, banding features became better organized.
security alarmsルイヴィトン バッグ コピー