Monday, 28 July 2008

Squeak piggy squeak

The school holidays have started here (at last) so blogging may be a bit sporadic over the next few weeks as I am likely to be out and about with the bairns. Today we went pig-spotting around town - we've got a map to tick off the porkers and managed about 18 today. I love the pigs, will miss them when they all get auctioned off in autumn. The kids are all really into the idea, so that was a very enjoyable (and free!) start to the holiday.

And then when we got back this afternoon, I was declared "best mum in the world" as the Nintendo Wii was delivered - yes, the one that I was supposedly waiting until Christmas to buy. Ahh well. Bar a weekend's camping in Dorset we're not actually having a holiday this summer what with the wedding already costing us a few bob etc, so I thought there might be some rainy days where we needed something to do... Oh all right, then, I couldn't wait any longer. It's ace. Hoorah for the Wii!

10 comments:

Caroline said...

You ARE the best mum in the world! And oh how the Wii is addictive. I managed to strain my inner thigh playing bowling?!?

x

mjmoore said...

Erm.. it's not Christmas yet! LOL

Kate.Kingsley said...

Oooh, Wii's are great! My brother got one last Christmas, and my octagenarian grandmother beat us all at ten pin bowling with strike after strike!!

'Over you' arrived yesterday, and I'm already up to pg 140! And I'm a slow reader! Really enjoying it :-)

watching9987 said...

Wii's are mint. Greatest thing ever, and the worse thing ever for interfering with daily tasks. Like eating, showeri etc.
I'm loving the pigs - I think Dinopig has to be my favourite - although Pig in Prada is good, mainly because it looks like an Dominatrix Pig...

loopyloo100 said...

Oh I am jealous - I would love a wii, but nobody else in the household seems to think this is a necessity! I adore pigs too. I grew up with them and remember many a pig gnawing the end of my wellie!

Have fun on the Wii and let the kids have a go sometime ;-)

Lucy Diamond said...

Caroline - I have hurt my wrist from bowling! Talk about a dangerous sport...

Michelle - I know! I am so rubbish, aren't I? Pathetic willpower... ahh well. Am enjoying my Wii too much to care!

Kate - our kids are soooo much better than us at the bowling! No 'letting them win' malarkey with this - they thrashed me and LP last night!
PS Page 140! You are racing along. glad you are enjoying it xx

Hello Watching9987 - Dinopig is ace, I agree. That's my son's favourite. And bizarrely, Pig in Prada is my youngest daughter's favourite "because it has make-up on" - although I know what you mean about the dominatrix look. Eldest daughter is rather keen on Prince Ropork, the gold mosaiced one in the Circus...


Loopyloo - I think you should treat yourself... the rest of the house will come round to the idea as soon as they have a go, I'm sure!

Debs said...

They are excellent. We even have one at work in our Terrace Cafe (canteen) and you can't get near it at lunchtimes. It's amazing how many children want to come to the office to meet their parents too, my daughter included.

L-Plate Author said...

Camping in Dorset? Me too but I'm going during the first week in September. Going to Weymouth.

So no clues as to what I was going to attach my badge to then but like I said on Caz'z blog how do I beat a wedding dress. Good job there are two books to win.

Enjoy the holidays xx

Lucy Diamond said...

Debs - you have a pig! I am so jealous! And yes, kids just swarm all over them. Mine even had a go at clambering on Dinopig with that big sail on his back too. PS Does that mean we live near each other? Ish?

L-Plate - enjoy Weymouth! Are you pinning your badge to your tent?

L-Plate Author said...

Well, I was but I'm going to have to think of something else now. You still have the upper hand me thinks. x