Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Perfectly lovely

Birthdays rock!! I had such a nice day yesterday. Lovely home-made treats and prezzies from the kids (no horses though... youngest daughter's present was a vaguely horseshoe-shaped bangle but how she made the connection that it might be a real horse, I fear I will never know) and some brilliant treats from LP including one of these deckchairs and a breadmaker. Went shopping in the morning and bought myself a top from my favourite clothes shop and then had lunch with LP and youngest daughter in town...party tea in the afternoon (hula hoops, candles on the cake, Happy Birthday To You, party blowers etc), then down the pub in the evening... perfect. Only 364 days to go before the next one!

Right...must do a bit of work now before I am too tempted to get some of my home-made bread and fall asleep in my lovely new deckchair....

12 comments:

Caroline said...

I need one of those deckchairs to match my mugs.

Which one did you get and have you read the book? I think that I'd only be able to sit in it if I had read the book :)

Glad you had a fun day.
xxx

girl with the mask said...

You got cake! So all is well in the world.

x

Amanda Mann said...

Happy birthday Lucy. Love the deckchair!

wontletlifedefineme said...

Good to hear you had such a nice birthday. I love that deckchair!

Lucy Diamond said...

Hi Caroline - my deckchair is The Garden Party by Katherine Mansfield. Never read it. Never even heard of it until now actually. *sigh* I am so ill-educated. Maybe that's one for the Christmas list?

Girl - yes, cake! Waitrose Chocolate Fudge cake to be specific. Cake doesn't come much finer than that!

Amanda - thank you! I love it too. ALMOST too gorgeous to put my bottom on. Almost.

Thanks Marjolein! I think I am starting a craze with my deckchair...

Debs said...

Glad you had such a lovely birthday.

I need one of those deckchairs to go with Karen's notepad.

x

L-Plate Author said...

I just need a penguin, I think they are so cute and go into three year old mode whenever I see one!

Happy belated birthday! You sound like you had a lovely day. xx

Lucy Diamond said...

Thanks Debs! I can recommend the chair, very comfortable!

L-Plate, do you mean a nice chocolatey Penguin or a real penguin? Either are lovely, actually!

L-Plate Author said...

That is so funny! I hadn't realised it all had a double meaning. I was going to say that I was referring to the real kind but actually anything to do with chocolate would win over my heart! xx

Lucy Diamond said...

Yes, me too!

Leigh said...

Two weeks old than I am, you are. Glad you had such a great day, and am kinda hoping it sets the tone for mine...

Lucy Diamond said...

Oh, really? Hey, 1970 was a vintage year, I've always thought. Hope you have a fab day with lots of treats. xx