Friday, 18 July 2008

It's in the bag. (Well, technically, a box.)

A large resounding HOORAH, if you please. I have finished my third novel. Yay! Such a good feeling to get to the last scene, I felt utterly giddy with excitement and joy. Drank bubbly, ate pizza and watched Juno on DVD last night to celebrate. Hey, I know how to live it up (even though the film made me cry - the birth bit - always sets me off, that kind of thing).

Anyway, I've printed it out, all 344 pages of the beast and stuffed it in a box for a few weeks to stew gently before I come back to it for the edit. AHHHHHH! And relaaaaaaaax.

Meanwhile, competition entries are flowing in thick and fast, there are some real corkers coming through. Have you entered yet? See post below for details if not. Come on - have a go!

18 comments:

Leatherdykeuk said...

HURRAH!

CC Devine said...

Great news! Such a great feeling that 'I've done it!' feeling.

Captain Black said...

Well done Lucy!
You're writing them faster than I can read them, but I'll try to catch up. I've got AWYWM on order.

girl with the mask said...

WOO HOO FOR YOU! It must be the most fantastic feeling x

Lucy Diamond said...

Oh cheers, all of you (and thanks, Captain Black for ordering AWYWM!)
I am still smiling to myself like a loon and enjoying this feeling very much... until the edit, of course, when I'll be tearing my hair out, no doubt!

Kate.Kingsley said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! A thoroughly well deserved celebration!!!!!

Debs said...

Congratulations, so thrilled for you and can't wait to read it.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Few things in life feel as terrific as a writing deadline met. I think you should carry on celebrating all weekend at LEAST!

Milla said...

wow, this is SO impressive, well done you!

Megan said...

HUGE Congratulations (and before the kids broke up for summer too!)
Very best to you and a few weeks off - no peeking in that box,
Megan

Lucy Diamond said...

Thanks, thanks! Here - have some virtual champers, all of you, and posh chocs. Rejoice!

Angie said...

Hurrah and well done! Sounds like the perfect celebration to me (speaking of which, that DVD is lying around here somewhere waiting to be watched...)

Calistro said...

Many congrats! Such a great feeling isn't it? How long are you putting it away for before you read it?

Lucy Diamond said...

Thanks Angie! I loved the film (movie!) - hope you do too. Very funny and moving all at the same time - perfect combo for me!

Calistro - oh yes, VERY good feeling. I'm going to leave it for a few weeks before I edit so I can get it to my agent for mid-Aug. That's the plan...

Flowerpot said...

brilliant, well done Lucy!

Lucy Diamond said...

Cheers, Flowerpot!

L-Plate Author said...

Well done you. You're right, nothing beats that 'I've managed to do it again' feeling. It makes it all so worthwhile. Do you dream about it the nearer you get to the end, like me? xx

Lucy Diamond said...

I don't dream about it as such but find myself thinking incessantly about the characters. And now, of course, I'm thinking about Book 4...