Saturday, 26 July 2008

Drum-roll please...

So, the phone lines have closed, the votes have been counted and verified, and...
Oh, sorry. Came over a bit Davina there.
What I MEANT to say was... we have a winner of the anagram competition! It was a close call, I can tell you, very high standard. My completely unbiased partner was judging the entries and out of almost 40 fabulous anagrams, he drew up a short list of three.

In third place with Acrimony, you love dud is the very lovely Calistro






In second place with I luv you: condom ready! is novel racer Captain Black




And in first place....









With Randy? Could I move you? is.....




*drum-roll please*




... PatP from Write up the Hill !

Congrats, Pat - you've been picked to win my prize - if you email me at lucy AT lucydiamond dot co dot uk and let me know your address, I'll post you a signed copy of the book. Well done!

Oh, I did enjoy that. Now... who's going to have a go or two (or three...) at my limerick competition, then? See below for details....

15 comments:

PatP said...

Hi, Lucy
I'm so happy my anagram won, I just had to write a limmerick about it. I've posted it in the limmerick contest.

Pat

Paige said...

Congratulations to the patp! And to Captain Black and Calistro for coming second and third!

I've ordered my copy of Over You from Amazon! Can't wait to read it!

PatP said...

Hey, yes
I should have congratulated Captain Black and Cally!
Congratulations, you two.

Calistro said...

Congrats to Pat and Captain Black. Am delighted with my 3rd place :o)

Caroline said...

*sob*

If I hadn't had such a good day, I would be having to drown my sorrow in whisky.

Congratulations Pat.
x

Leatherdykeuk said...

Hurrah!
Congratulations, Pat!

loopyloo100 said...

Well done Pat! :-)

PatP said...

Thanks for the congrats, everyone

I've Squeeeed about my win on my blog.

Good to see you about again, Cally.

Captain Black said...

Well done patp and callistro.
I guess I'll just have to roll up my roll-on for another decade...

Lucy Diamond said...

Pat - I'm so happy you're happy! And how cool that you've been inspired to write a limerick (or two!) as a result!

Paige - yay!! Thank you very much. Hope you like it *crosses fingers*

Calistro - third place is very cool, you know!

Caroline, no! Don't sob! Am relieved to hear I haven't (quite) driven you to the whisky. How about thinking up a limerick instead? I bet you could do a fantastic one about Simon Cowell... or maybe Cheggers?

Leatherdykeuk - hurrah indeed! I believe your anagram should get an honourable mention as the one with the longest word in it, btw! (I think - off the top of my head!)

Loopyloo100 - indeed!

Pat (again) - so glad you are squeeing! :)

Captain Black - so close! But no cigar...

Debs said...

What brilliant answers. I did try, promise, but couldn't come up with anything remotely reasonable.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

A worthy winner, and runners-up; congratulations to all three. Your completely unbiased partner has good taste in anagrams. And women, obv. ;-)

Paige said...

Got my copy of Over You today.

And I wouldn't worry about the spelling mistake. It's not that noticeable. ;)

Over You is the next book on my reading list!

Lucy Diamond said...

Debs, don't worry, I didn't even manage one myself. I bet you could write a cracking limerick though...

Zinnia - I'm not sure my partner realises the incredible power he has in his role as judge of these competitions. He did laugh out loud at quite a few which goes to show how high the standard was overall!

Paige - oh thank you!! I hope you like it.
I am just about over the spelling mistake now. In fact, as it's going to be corrected in the reprint, I think it makes those first editions even more special! Ahem...

Leigh said...

Oooh, sorry I missed this. Meant to send one, but last week (and this week, for that matter), simply vanished into thin air.

Love the winner/runners-up. Bit of a theme going there, then? ;-)