Thursday, 5 June 2008

Achey-breaky arse

Ooooh!!! I am still aching all over from yesterday. Bloody exercise. I couldn't get to sleep last night because every time I moved, a new bit of me started to hurt. Just as well then that I've been sat at my desk all day today, in my nice comfortable padded chair...

For the first time in weeks, I've returned to Novel 3. Hoorah! I've been feeling guilty for not having the time to tend to it lately but that's all going to change and I'm definitely DEFINITELY going to finish it this month. Quite good to have such a break from in it in some ways though, as I have just read through the whole ms as it currently stands, all 72,000 words of it, and have been able to work on it much more objectively. And - phew - I have thought out how to solve a big plot problem in the process, too, something that was nagging at me as not working very well previously. So I am chuffed about that. Now I just have to do the repair work, drip in some juicy clues to make the whole thing more mysterious and... oh yeah, finish it. Well, I'll start tomorrow. Prepare to see that word count soaring, oh yes.

Have got to go and cook tea now (all action round here, you know) so will sign off by letting you know that my latest Bridalwave column is here...

5 comments:

girl with the mask said...

Author-extrodinaire AND home-maker. Hard work being a woman, eh?

Lucy Diamond said...

God, absolutely. Tammy Wynette was so right about that.

Calistro said...

Wow, 72,000 words. I'm impressed! What word count are you aiming for?

JJ said...

Gymnastics must use just about every muscle, mustn't it? Cor, no wonder you ache everywhere.

Excellent news on the novel front.

JJx

Lucy Diamond said...

Calistro, the first two novels were about 100,000 so that's my basic figure. But that can all change, as we know!

Thanks JJ. I am trying not to moan about my aching muscles any more as I think I have used up all available sympathy but *sniff* I am still aching!