Thursday, 22 May 2008

Wedding dresses part 2

Hoorah!! An excellent writing day yesterday, 4,000 words which meant I finished my series finale book. It's all a bit rough and ready and needs prettying up, but the first draft is there, banged out all the way to THE END. Marvellous. My editor of this particular series is keen for a follow-up set of books so I have been spinning new ideas around my head...am going to try and get down some possible storylines today while I'm on a bit of a roll. Famous last words...

Mind you, I can't concentrate brilliantly at the moment as I'm going out to try on a few more wedding dresses later this morning - it's a mum who's set up her own business, selling ex-sample and second-hand dresses from her house. I really hope there's an 'I-love-it!' one there in the collection. Cross your fingers for me...

(And actually, if you could keep them crossed until Monday, that would be brilliant, cheers. We're taking the kids camping this weekend for the first time ever... please let it be sunny!)

7 comments:

bcfreviews said...

Ooh.. I really hope you find *the* dress!

As for the weather, I don't think you'll be lucky.. but I will keep fingers crossed for you!

Michelle

JJ said...

Got everything crossed for you, then.

Where are you camping? My fav camping holidays (as a child and a parent) were around your neck of the wood.

JJx

Lucy Diamond said...

Michelle - I bought one!!! It's gorgeous. I am so chuffed. Hoorah!!!
Re weather, I am braced for rain too. Sigh. Good old Bank Holiday Britain eh?

Hi JJ, thanks for the finger-crossing, it has worked so far (ie the dress!), you are doing a great job there, please keep it up!
We are camping at Hay, for the festival there. Oh darling, we are just so cultured, you know! Cultured and muddy, probably. Must remember to pack the wellies...!

pierre l said...

Well done on finding a wedding dress, Lucy. In the old days when my children (now 30 and 29) were young we used to go camping the week of this Bank Holiday. Most of the time the weather was good regardless of what it had been before of after. But the forecast doesn't look that good, sadly. Still, fingers crossed, have a good time and keep your books dry (most important of all).

Lucy Diamond said...

Hi Pierre - keeping books dry is extremely important! I will pack some extra plastic bags! Have a good weekend :)

Clare Sudbery said...

Great news about the dress! I'll now read on and see how the camping went.

We've been camping with Felix several times now, including one spectacularly rainy one in Wales, the weekend of the massive floods last year (they closed the M6 and everything). But despite all that, we still had fun. Kids love camping. Well, Felix does anyway.

Lucy Diamond said...

Kids and camping are a great combo. I feel that now we've survived rainy Hay, any other camping experiences will be a breeze!