Friday, 23 May 2008

Carry on Camping

So...list of things to pack for our weekend camping. It starts off quite practical:

Foot pump
Sleeping bags
Torches
Cool box...

It then all gets a bit pessimistic:

Coats
Wellies
Umbrellas...

And finally, acceptance:

Ear-plugs
Wine

The kids are soooo excited at the thought of sleeping in a tent. I'm excited too - I've never been to the Hay Festival and it sounds right up my alley, lots of books, booky people and star-spotting. And I'm going to see Tim Winton and Lloyd Jones (Mister Pip) speak on Monday!!! How fab will that be. But camping in a mudbath...oh Gawd... I think alcohol is the only way I will see it through!

PS I never told you my next Sporting Challenge! It is..... Gymnastics! For Adults! Trampolining, floor-work and vaults. I am dead excited. And quite scared too!
Have a good weekend everyone, back next week.

8 comments:

KAREN said...

The festival sounds fun, but camping?? Oh dear. I'd be packing everything, including the kitchen sink, just in case! Hope you have a wonderful time and that the weather holds out :o)

bcfreviews said...

You do know that parts of the Hay festival are going to be on Sky? you should stay home and watch the tv, that's my advice! LOL

Michelle

Fiona said...

Even if it's wet and cold, it will be character building - as our mothers told us.

Wine and ear plugs. You're sorted.

Lucy Diamond said...

Hi Karen, the camping was a bit 'oh dear' unfortunately. Still, we all survived. And we all still want to go again, so it wasn't a total disaster! Hope you are surviving this godawful weather...

Michelle - if only I'd listened to your wisdom!! I am still glad we went though.

Fiona - indeed. What didn't kill us only made us stronger. Well.... tireder. And a bit grumpier. And quite a lot wetter.
I was very grateful for the wine and earplugs though!

Clare Sudbery said...

Wow, gymnastics for adults! I'd love to do something like that again. I did a lot of gymnastics as a kid but wasn't aware you could do it as a grown-up too. The closest I've got as an adult is trapeze lessons, which is a similar kind of thing.

I bet it'll be oooodles of fun. Lucky you!

Lucy Diamond said...

Yes, I'm really looking forward to it. I am a bit scared at the thought of vaulting anything but am dying to get back on a trampoline!

Clare Sudbery said...

[show-off]
Him Indoors was a champion trampolinist in his youth. He was the bext in Scotland for a while, and spent his teens and early Uni years travelling the world and competing in international competitions. He lost his virginity to a Swedish blonde trampolinist in Japan...
We have some great video footage. Of him trampolining, that is, not of him losing his virginity.
But then he discovered dope and they started to bring in drug testing and he decided he'd rather be a proper hippy student so he gave it up! He still has an incredible six-pack though. Even though he never does any exercise. Bastard.
[/show-off]

Lucy Diamond said...

lol at video footage of losing virginity....what a thought!
Wow, how impressive though (the trampolining OBVIOUSLY). I used to go trampolining too but only got the first badge or award thing, I can't even remember. I loved it. Almost like flying. Seat drop... back drop... straddle... oh, it's all coming back to me now!