Tuesday, 1 April 2008

Fear of the fat pinchers

Oooh, I went on a blog blind date last night. Well, kind of, anyway. I met up with the lovely Single Mother on the Verge who was in town putting on a play, and we sat and talked books, blogs and gossip over a drink or three. Her book is coming out next year and after Glass of Wine Number Two I was trying to get her to tell me all the juicy bits. She wasn't giving too much away sadly but from what she did say, it sounds like it's going to be a corker. I will definitely be buying a copy, put it like that...

Up to 2.7km on the treadmill today...am trying to go a bit further and a bit faster each time. I nearly didn't bother this morning - felt somewhat frazzled and was extremely tempted by an invite to go to the nice coffee shop up the road with some of the mums from school but I have got my monthly 'gym review' on Thursday so don't want the fat pinchers to tell tales on any frothy hot chocolate-drinking slackness...

5 comments:

Debs said...

You are so good choosing exercise over hot chocolate. I would like to say I would do the same, but I would only be fibbing.

Lucy Diamond said...

Debs, sadly it's all gone downhill since then...!

Clare Sudbery said...

I keep making vague plans to rein in my current eating habits, which are utterly out of control. I'm using the excuse of pregnancy for the fact that I now eat approx two chocolate bars per day, but I know it won't wash really. Obviously pregnancy is a bad time to be dieting, so I won't be doing any of that nonsense... but I really need to nip these bad chocolate-eating habits in the bud, cos I just know that after the baby is born I'll carry on in the same fashion, just as I did after my first. And as for breastfeeding helping you lose weight... that only works if you don't also eat half your body weight in chocolate every week. And then, 12 months down the line, when I stop breastfeeding and therefore lose all excuses as well as stop getting that lovely tranquilising hormone... I will suddenly find myself fat and fed up.

But chocolate is so nice...

Lucy Diamond said...

Oh I know.... wine and puddings, that's my downfall. And chocolate too, of course. But hey - you've got a brilliant excuse - got to keep your strength up. And after all those months of being ill, you've got a lot of chocolate to catch up on...!

quan said...

Teeth Whiteningachat steroide anabolisanthis name shares the weight of Caesar, followed by the emotional, powerful demagoguery of Mark Antony—this was a most intriguing venue to consider Inglourious Basterds. The dualistic nature of Basterds suggests Tarantino's meta-contextualizing of the propaganda film, matching his previous forays in digesting all of the properties of his variegated subjects. To compare Tarantino with the Bard in any fashion may be correctly considered disturbing—yet their respective