Friday, 29 February 2008

Friday feeling

The streets around here are seething with fluorescent-clothed runners at the moment - it feels like the whole city is training in preparation for the Bath Half Marathon next month. Me? Don't be daft. I broke into a run on the treadmill at the gym yesterday for the FIRST TIME for all of...ooh, at least five minutes. Don't laugh, I was dead proud of myself, I've had a bit of a 'Can't Do It!' block about running, I've been fast-hill-walking on that machine for all this time, too scared to up the speed past 7. But yesterday I felt brave and whacked up the speed. And I did it, yay! Didn't even fall off or give myself two black eyes (if you know what I mean, girls). Now that's what I call a result.

Had some lovely lovely emails yesterday. Nice editors saying exciting, hope-inspiring things and wanting to meet me to discuss new books (hurrah!) and then TWO from my Lucy Diamond agent saying (get this) first that someone wanted to discuss an option to put on a theatrical production of Any Way You Want Me!!! and second, someone wanting to discuss the film rights for it!!!! Can you imagine - Any Way You Want Me: The Movie. I was so stunned I burst out laughing. I know that 99% of these things never actually happen but it's still quite exciting to daydream about it... I'm hoping that someone wants to put on Any Way You Want Me: The Musical next, with rousing choruses and dance routines. My agent says he's hanging out for Any Way You Want Me on ice tee hee.

Ahhh...feel very cheery today, Friday's here, we've all made it through the week. Have a good weekend, everyone!

16 comments:

mjmoore said...

Wow! What exciting prospects on the horizon!
I started the book last night, and am loving it so far!

Lucy Diamond said...

Oh great, cheers!
I can't stop smiling about the exciting prospects... I know that the chances are nothing will come of them, but all the same, I can't help planning what I'll wear to the premiere of the film! ;)
Oh, and as for my dream cast list...now we're talking!

Maddie Moon said...

That's brilliant, Lucy! How exciting, I can't even begin to imagine. Well, actually, I can, the stuff of dreams really! Everything crossed for you.

Yvonne said...

Lucy that is brilliant news! Being considered for a play AND a film...am delighted for you!

CTaylor said...

Oh wow, that's SUCH exciting news! I'd LOVE to see actors bring my novel to life. Theatre or film, it wouldn't matter. Can you imagine? Actually you probably are! Yay for the editor news too. Fingers crossed :o)

p.s. I know what you mean about running. When I first broke into a slow jog I expected the entire gym to turn and point and go "what does she think she's doing, that's not running!" but no one paid me the slightest bit of attention. Phew.

JJ said...

Woo hoo. That's wonderful news. Congratulations. Lots of reasons to be cheery.
JJx

Lucy Diamond said...

Thanks Maddie, I am really enjoying the imagining bit - almost the best part!

Cheers Yvonne! It was a bit surreal getting both requests in one day, I had to check it wasn't April Fools' Day!

Cally - yes, spot on. Unfortunately one of the mums from school saw me on the treadmill and I did feel a bit self-conscious, but at least she didn't stand there pointing and laughing at me...

Hi JJ, woohoo indeed! I have been quietly woohooing inside my head ever since I heard!

Amy Appleton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Appleton said...

Wooo. What a great Friday - how seriously exciting. Who will play your characters in your dream version of the movie?

Pacha said...

Oh! What a great way to end the week! I can so see Any Way You Want Me as a film! It would be brilliant. Can you ask to be in the film? I so think you should be!

Lucy Diamond said...

Hi Amy, v good question...
I might ask Sarah Parrish to be Sadie (just because she's ace). Alex - perhaps John Simm.
Mark - hmmm. Someone handsome but a bit edgy and mean. Ooh, I'm in a quandary now. Might have to come back to Mark later. Anyone got any suggestions?

Oh Pacha - yes, good thinking! I will definitely try to sneak myself in as a cameo role!

Caroline said...

OMG! What will you wear for the premiere???????

How fabulously exciting.

Sarah Parrish - perfect! Mark ... hmmm ... I'm really into my box set of Cold Feet at the moment and see AWYWM as a grounded/location specific British film ... so any of the women from Cold Feet would fit in well. But for Mark ... how about a bit of the doctor ... David T ... oooooh imagine that! OR Guy or Mack (don't know their real names) ... I can't begin to imagine how excited you must be feeling.

You deserve all of this :) (and more)

xxxx

Milla said...

How deeply exciting. Needless to say I don't get phone calls like that, I get: "there's been an incident at school" or "you forgot to come in to get your dog injected". Bet you wish you were me!

Lucy Diamond said...

Hi Caroline - yes, mmm, the Doctor would be ace... and Guy from Green Wing, oh yes, perfect, hadn't thought of him. Dr Mac is a bit too pretty to be Alex but I'm sure I can find him a bit part somewhere...

Hello Milla, welcome to the blog! I've had a few of those 'your child says they're feeling ill' calls too from school - I think my son has just discovered the joys of skiveritis. Last time I went to collect him, he was skipping down the road within two minutes, right as rain. Never again!

Simon Trewin said...

Lucy Diamond Agent here - this girl is SO lovely and, annoyingly, just as nice as she comes across in this fab blog!

Lucy Diamond said...

Oh Simon....you are too kind. (Has anyone asked about rights for the kung-fu version of Any Way You Want Me yet, btw?)
x