Friday, 11 January 2008

Water water everywhere

Aaaaaaand relax.
I went back to the gym this morning, feeling all tense and braced for a ruck. I was half-thinking of cancelling but forced myself to go.
I asked the manager for a word and told him what had happened and how it had made me feel. He was great. He said all the right things and promised he'd have a word with the prat. He actually wants me and the prat to have a conversation about it but I said I'd feel too embarrassed. And I did tell the prat how I was feeling at the time. I don't think there's any point, to be honest.
ANYWAY. Then the lovely manager showed me all the machines and how to work them and we actually *gasp* had a laugh. Yes - me- having a laugh - at the gym. There's a collection of words I never thought I'd use. I really *gasp* enjoyed it. So the bad feelings of Wednesday are just water under the bridge now. I am MOVING ON.

Feel really chuffed with myself as I've just sent off my new children's series proposal to my new agent. Hoorah! It's gone. I haven't got to the worrying-it's-crap stage yet, I'm still on a high for getting it done and emailed. One more deadline to meet on Tuesday and then it's back to the novel.

This is a bit of a dull blog today, sorry about that. But you can always have a look at this on Trashionista instead if you like?

8 comments:

pierre l said...

that sort of good news is NOT dull.

Pacha said...

I'm so pleased for you Lucy! Gym and children's series result. You're a real inspiration!

I loved your post on Trashionista. Very funny. But that is the problem with writing. Everyone assumes you write what you know (sort of thing) and that your story is REAL to them...but you have to take it as a compliment. It means you write well and convincingly that everyone thinks that all the details are REAL. Although I appreciate it can be a little insulting that people don't realise that to be a writer you need a good dose of imagination too!

Now, you'll balance things out with your new novel. Before people sympathsized with the hubby. After your next novel comes out they probably will give him a good talking to! (and you'll get the sympathy!)

Lucy Diamond said...

Cheers Pierre L!

Pacha - the whole 'Was it a true story?' thing was a bit of a nightmare - and quite shocking too! Luckily the next novel is coming out right at the start of the summer holidays so there'll be no dodgy looks from the playground mums for that one...I hope! Have a nice weekend. x

SpiralSkies said...

You enjoyed the gym? Crumbs, that is progress indeed.

Right, off to Trashionista now! This early-morning writing session is not terribly productive so far...

Pacha said...

My guess is that they (of "Is it true" fame) possibly thought; "Now why would she use a pen name if it wasn't true?" hehehe ;)

Leigh said...

This post is not dull.
Having a laugh at the gym is FANTASTIC.
And a submission?
Are you not walking on clouds, woman?

Vicky said...

good for you on enjoying the gym. it shouldn't be about looking skinnier, that's cr@p. it should be about improving your metabolism and health so you feel better in general. hope you enjoy it further!!

Lucy Diamond said...

SpiralSkies, I am so impressed by your early starts. You dedicated author you! (still can't wait to read your navel ;) )Hope you are upping the word count.


Pacha - some git actually said that in a review! In a newspaper my parents read as well!! I was not happy. But hey ho...

Leigh, yes I am walking on clouds today! My new agent likes the new proposal. Goody goody. So she's sending it out v soon. Cross your fingers everyone!

Cheers Vicky, you're right - and I was chatting to a very slim mum from the school yesterday who had exactly the same thing when she went to that gym! I think I should go in and destroy those wretched charts before they upset anybody else...