Tuesday, 29 January 2008

The Most Boring Meme You Will Ever Read

I've been tagged by the lovely Cally which is actually rather a relief as I don't have anything interesting that I can tell you right now (more secrets rumbling in the background).

So here we go....

The small print: Link to the person that tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on his/her website.

Six non-important things/habits/quirks...
Oh Gawd, I can't think of any now. Ummm...

1. I hate it when you treat yourself to a lovely new hardback book and then you don't actually get around to reading it until it's come out in paperback. Grrr. Well, that was a waste of money, wasn't it it?

2. I thought of number 1 because I'm currently reading The Rain Before It Falls by Jonathan Coe which I bought in hardback last autumn and only started reading the other night. It is a SIGNED copy as well (I was soooo star-struck when I met him, I actually couldn't string a sentence together) so that would have been even worse, if I'd left it languishing on the shelf. But I'm reading it - and it's good. A result all round, phew.

3. I am halfway through a banana. Trying to be healthy, you see.

4. I am thinking about applying for an MA. Just thinking about it at the moment. Probably won't be able to do it until all my kids are at school (Sept 09). But it's nice to have something on the horizon, isn't it?

5. I still feel a bit guilty that my first lot of Sims children got taken away by a social worker. (I couldn't get the older ones to school and couldn't work out how to feed the baby.) I fear my eldest daughter was scarred for life, seeing her virtual self being taken away by social services.

6. Talking of crap parenting, virtual and real, I'm going to be late to pick up youngest daughter from playgroup if I don't hurry up...

God, I'm rubbish at these things. Sorry. Must go!

9 comments:

CTaylor said...

Point #5 made me laugh out loud (and my co-workers stared)

Lane said...

You had to go and say banana just as I'm eating a Mars Bar. Now I will have to eat a nana to counteract the effects:-)

Hope you weren't a late mummy!

Lucy Diamond said...

Cally - it was so awful! "Why is that lady taking me away?" my daughter was screaming as her virtual self was frogmarched into the social services car, she was almost crying! I felt sooooo awful, she was genuinely upset about it. Even worse, the useless Sim parents we'd created did nothing to stop it!
Still, we're doing better with the new family - all still alive and together!
Sorry, Lane. I hope I didn't ruin that Mars Bar for you. (Mmmm.... Mars Bar with a cup of tea, mmmmm...) I will do an alert next time I brag about my healthy lifestyle!

Debs said...

I can certainly empathize with No 1 and wish I could say that I had eaten a banana today but unfortunately chocolate was all I ate this afternoon - after a sandwich of course.

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I have a Sims-addicted friend who takes particular joy in creating a swimming pool with no ladder and making characters dive in to swim until they drown. She has a very, er, particular sense of humour. (Bit like mine, really.) She's only 13 though.

I was star-struck when I met Jonathan Coe, too. But he's nice, isn't he?

Lucy Diamond said...

Debs, don't feel bad, I caved in too and had some too. Well, you can't live on vitamins alone, I say.

Zinnia, I am shocked at your friend's warped mind! Those poor Sims...oh dear, I am getting too involved in this stupid game.
Jonathan Coe IS lovely, I agree. Shame I was a complete spanner but never mind. Next time I will practise something incredibly intellectual-sounding beforehand...

Caroline said...

An MA in what? Do tell.

I love signed books. I decided to move my bookcases a couple of days ago (don't ask!) and now have a special shelf ... just for signed books. It is making me far too excited!

Lucy Diamond said...

I'd like to do an MA in Screenwriting/Scriptwriting. I do love a good TV drama and really like writing dialogue... I think it would be fab! (haven't found out how much it costs yet, so that might be the nail in the MA coffin unfortunately)
A shelf just for signed books...what a brilliant idea. Right, where are my rawl-plugs?

Michelle said...

I get so annoyed everytime I do no 1! I absolutely have to have the book.. then it sits on my shelf!

I have a few signed books, and I LOVE them.. my prized possessions! :)