Tuesday, 8 January 2008

It's the end of the work as we know it

Oh dear. As if blogging wasn't enough of a distraction from work, I've gone and given into another temptation. The Sims. Ooh, it's good. Addictive though. Me and the kids set up a family of 5 first, with all of our names. Bloody hell, it was a nightmare, trying to manage everyone's needs and wants - far too much like real life. Forget that. Last night we set up a new family, of just a man and woman, and we'll give them three kids gradually. Much more sensible. Youngest is very keen to call one of the Sim children 'Little Lord Jesus' whereas the other two are going for the far more mature names of 'Poo-Poo' and 'Big-Bum'. (When does that toilet humour phase end, anyway? Ever?) The only problem is the grown-up Sims we've got so far don't seem able to go to work and earn any money, they keep arsing around at home. Hmmmm. Irony, anyone?

8 comments:

JJ said...

LOL. Toilet humour never goes away with the boys in my opinion! Hmm, I'm struggling with Facebook - trying not to look a total f'wit, so no way am i getting involved in Sims!
Good luck earning a living.
JJx

CTaylor said...

Laughs. My boyfriend hasn't outgrown toilet humour and he's 31 so you may have to suffer it for a while yet!

I got into the Sims about six or seven years ago and lots MONTHS of my life! Never again.

CTaylor said...

correction: LOST months of my life (blimmin typos)

Lane said...

lol Keep them away from the hot tub, bed or the car. They like to breed and can have a baby in three days:-)

And there's nothing wrong with a good old bit of toilet humour!!

Lucy Diamond said...

JJ - I haven't even gone near Facebook, I think I must be one of the few people left on the planet who aren't on it. (I'm sure you don't look a fwit at all, btw!)

Cally - months...ooh, that's a bit scary. I've found a cheat to give my Sims loads of money now so have been treating them to some bling. They still haven't done a day's work yet though!

Lane - a baby in three days! Blimey. Thanks for the warning. So far my two won't get in the same bed together so perhaps it'll be an immaculate conception...

Leigh said...

Oooh, oooh, can I be Mrs Sim, please?

And judging by my nearly-eighty-year-old Dad's sense of humour, the toilet-phase never ends.

Fiona said...

I got too annoyed with the Sims and gave up on them. I'm not missed.

I would like a peek at that other thing. What's it called - the other life? Not talking about heaven or hell here, it's that virtual world where you can pretend you're the queen if you want.

Lucy Diamond said...

Leigh - you can be Mrs Sim but I can't guarantee my eldest daughter won't change your name to Princess Pickanose, which seems to be the new favourite!

Fiona - Second Life, I think it's called. I haven't dabbled either but do like the idea of some queenly behaviour - I'll arm-wrestle you for that tiara!