Thursday, 17 January 2008

In a spin

Gaaaahhhh....feel like I just can't catch up with life at the moment. My head is full of stuff that needs doing, stuff not to forget, stuff to sort out for the weekend, family stuff, work stuff, stuff to worry about.... Ugggh. I am stuffed, basically.

I'm supposed to be going to London this morning but when I started getting dressed, discovered I had no clean tights. Bugger. This is what I mean about things that need doing. Washing is on the list. (It is a scarily long list.) I just don't feel on top of everything, I need someone to come and organise me like, oh I dunno, a personal assistant or a butler or... Anyway, so I've had to fling on a wash and will no doubt end up drying some tights with a hairdryer as soon as the spin has finished, or going off to get the train with wet toes. So that'll be nice.

Still, all moaning aside (moaning AGAIN! what is wrong with me?) I am looking forward to the day. I'm meeting both my agents (yes, I have two, I am so greedy) to discuss books and writing in 2008 which sounds pretty damn lovely to me. Working from home means I am always pathetically grateful for an excuse to go to London and talk to somebody who doesn't live with me. But how will I appear professional and brainy if I have damp toes??!

11 comments:

Pacha said...

Oh you make me laugh. I am always doing stuff like this. I even send my kids (not just me) around with damp socks/knickers/trousers etc on... so I completely understand. Maybe the damp toes will have dried out by the time you get to be with your agent(s)? (make sure you walk a lot!)...

Enjoy London and talking through your writing plans!

Lucy Diamond said...

They are still not dry!!! Looks like I'll be doing a LOT of walking - will have to go soon or I'll miss my train!
I'm glad I'm not the only one though, Pacha....one day we'll both be organised, right?!

JJ said...

I can't ever come back to England cos that'll be me. I had to go everywhere with a spare pair of tights because I always laddered them.
JJx
PS Hope they dried eventually.

Caroline said...

The key is not to tell them thatyou have wet toes ... and hope that they haven't read your blog.

Hmmmm.

Oh and don't be getting your toes out to shoe them.

And 2 agents. You super star.
Have a great day x

Caroline said...

show them ... not shoe them. Obviously.
Could be interesting though?!?

Blaaaaaaah.
x

Leigh said...

Lucy this is funny! It mirrors my life perfectly (except for the bit about the agents, of course). I hope the day went well, and that your toes have dried out!

CC Devine said...

I totally get you! I'm feeling the same panic at the moment and half the time it's unfounded. As regards the tights, well, I tend to ladder them within minutes of putting the pesky things on like JJ.

Miraculously I didn't ladder them when I took a drop this morning right onto my knees after skidding on a greasy pavement slab! Ouch!

Lucy Diamond said...

There was a happy ending...they dried just in time. All the same, I bought 3 new pairs (rather fancy pairs actually) just so that this stressful experience never has to happen again.
Until the next time...

liz fenwick said...

Hope the toes weren't too damp and it was a productive trip. By any chance are you going to the RNA awards lunch on the 4th of Feb?

Lucy Diamond said...

Hi Liz,
It was a great day out thanks, worth the toes panic and everything!
I won't be going to the RNA do, I have joined the RNA now but still haven't received anything official from them, grrrrr! They managed to cash my cheque before Christmas though...
Hope you have a good time if you go. xx

liz fenwick said...

That's because the membership secretary was away for a few weeks!

i am going and really looking forward to it. It still not too late if you want to go. The forms are on the web site - just a thought :-)