Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Gym'll fix it

I've got my gym induction thing this afternoon. I'm a bit scared. I don't want someone prodding at my wobbly bits and sniggering at how unfit I am. Besides, the machines in there look like something from a torture chamber. Maybe I should just stay at home and eat biscuits instead. Maybe I should start a new blog called Porky Brides and devote myself to become elephantine instead of sylph-like for the Big Day. Either way, I'm already regretting signing myself up for what is sure to be an hour of humiliation. Sigh.

On a brighter note, did you watch Mistresses last night? Good, wasn't it? It felt like the best kind of juicy novel - great characters, sparky dialogue, lots of plot-lines bubbling away and plenty of Oh-no-don't-do-it! moments. (And I love Sarah Parish whatever she's in. She's fab.) Watching it made me really keen to get back to my new novel and immerse myself in my own dramas and characters, but I will have to wait until next week for that - a few more other deadlines to tick off before I can indulge. But I've rejoined the Novel Racers so will have to start walking the walk at the Friday coffee mornings soon...

Right - time to throw myself into work before gym hour strikes!

7 comments:

JJ said...

I wish Gym'd do it for us too. I've been thinking of bootcamp, but when I found out it's at 6am - 7am I decided I'd definitely rather stay home.
Good luck with yours though.
JJx

Caroline said...

Have fun at the gym. I am drinking coffee and eating shortbread ... call me lardy arse from now on please.
x

Lucy Diamond said...

Bootcamp! 6am!! JJ, I just shuddered when I read those words. That way madness lies!

Oh Caroline, don't...I've got a really nice Christmas tin of shortbread in the kitchen and now I can't stop thinking about it. Maybe I'll have some as a treat after the gym nightmare. I need something to get me through it!

Helen said...

I've just got back from my first body step class of the new year. If they do those classes at you gym (or body combat) they are a lot of fun and you must join them!

Good luck for later. And don't let them humiliate you. (They shouldn't).

Pacha said...

That is exactly the reason I haven't joined the gym in the past decade...Too many wobbly bits to prod and snigger over...

No, no, home yoga sessions (that will never happen) for me!

Ahem!

But you are very brave and you know you will look gorgeous for THE BIG DAY no matter what. Don't you?

Enjoy!

Lane said...

Hats off to you for going Lucy. Organised exercise sends me screaming for the nearest Jammie Dodger

Lucy Diamond said...

Oh Helen, you are so virtuous and admirable! I wish I could go to a body step class and say it was fun! Sadly I don't think it's ever going to happen...

Pacha, if only I had stuck to the home yoga sessions (and Patsy on video). I've just come back from the gym and it was horrible. I've even had a little cry about how horrible it was. Mutter mutter. Bloody new year's resolutions!

Lane, I am gagging for a Jammie Dodger right now. Got any spares?