Wednesday, 23 January 2008

The chocolate and wine diet

Sorry for being a slack blogger...somehow or other the days keep passing me by without me getting onto that Blogger Dashboard. Also normal life has been rather overshadowed by a Big Development which I can't actually blog about yet. (No, nosey family members who keep reading this, I am not up the duff before you ask.)

Writing-wise, I am v busy a-tweaking and a -tarting up my novel-in-progress. When I met my Lucy Diamond agent last week, he was very positive about it and wants to send it out as a partial. Eek! So I am going through it with a tooth-comb (not sure what one of those is , but I still have a couple of nit-combs hanging around that would probably do the job) buffing up my prose and trying to iron out all the kinks in the what-happens-next synopsis. So cross your fingers for me, world...
I saw my lovely new agent too (children's books one) who is fantastically proactive and efficient; she is already mentioning me to the great and good, and being v encouraging about other new projects. So I feel all fired up on the writing front this year, which is great.

Last snippet of news...I have lost weight! Yes, after just a few paltry trips to the gym and not eating any bread and butter for a few weeks, my trousers are definitely looser and the scales show a loss of two pounds. Amazing. I haven't given up anything else, am still eating chocolate and drinking wine, which feels to me like a right result. I do feel a bit like Mrs Large with my "nice, healthy soup" every lunch but hey, that's all right by me...

10 comments:

Helen said...

Well done on the weight loss! It's great to see you so fired up about your writing. I feel a bit like that too.

'Scuse my ignorance though but what does sending it out as a partial mean?

Pacha said...

Ohhhh! That is all good good news. And there's even...mysterious news (which is intriguing! Please tell, please, please, please, pleeeeeeease! I won't tell anyone, honest!)

If you need a nit comb I have several I can lend you. I have found that if you want a job well done, its best to do it yourself...so I pluck nits off with me fingers!

I imagine you are plucking at your novel-in-progress in the same way!

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!

Lucy Diamond said...

Hi Helen - by 'partial' I mean a partially written manuscript. And I've just sent it off now. Aarrgghh! So it's the waiting game for me... (I hate the waiting game, far too impatient!)

Hi Pacha, Oooh sorry, can't say just yet, but maybe next week. Honestly, it's not THAT thrilling, but it's quite a big deal within these four walls. (You will be really disappointed when I tell you now!)
Picking nits, oh yes, been there. Disgusting job. But I do remember that big dollops of conditioner help. GOOD LUCK with the evil beasties.

liz fenwick said...

Good news all round - brilliant. weigh and still eating chocolate and rinking wine - isn't that a miracle though????

Sarah*G* said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I too have joined a gym. Think I am a bit mad though and not sure how long it will last though!

Lucy Diamond said...

Liz, a miracle indeed! If it carries on this way, I will definitely be marketing my diet - it's a winner!

Sarah, I agree, there is definitely something a bit mad about going to the gym. Hmmm, off I go for some more torture and punishment... Still, I'm enjoying that smug glow you get afterwards, aren't you?!

Single Mother on the Verge said...

Gosh you are a busy bee, good luck with the manuscript --- all the writing must be good for weight loss, with me...just makes me wider from the hips down and slimmer from the wrist up.
Bath was sooo lovely btw... luck person to live there, and the sun was shining. (Have a play in development at Theatre Royal, very nice there, very pawsh.

Lucy Diamond said...

SMotV - "slimmer from the wrist up" - love it! I too have lovely wrists, am hoping the slimness will spread along to my bingo wings soon!
Glad you had a nice time in Bath - ooh, a play in development, how exciting, please keep me posted!

wordtryst said...

I'll be first in line to buy that choc and wine diet book.

Lucy Diamond said...

I'll even sign you a copy!