Tuesday, 18 December 2007

What's in a name?

What with Christmas parties and treats and all the rest of it, there seems to be a high sugar content in the kids' diets at the moment (oh all right, and mine as well) so I have become a bit of a nazi about tooth-brushing.

"But WHY do we need to brush our teeth?" grumbled my three-year-old this morning.

"Because if you don't, they'll go rotten and drop out," I told her.

"Will YOURS drop out?"

"I hope not. Maybe when I'm an old old grandma or something," I said vaguely.

She looked appalled at the thought. "When are YOU going to be a grandma?"

I gave her a hug. "Don't worry, I'll always be your mummy. But when you're all grown-up, if you have a baby one day, that will make me a grandma as well."

She thought about it. "I WILL have a baby," she decided. "And I will call her Anna-Rose."

"Ahh," I said. "That's a lovely name."

She thought about it some more. "No, not Anna-Rose," she said. "I will call her Little Lord Jesus."

Well, there's something to look forward to.

10 comments:

Lane said...

Aw ...that's a lovely name for a girl:-) She can be LL Cool J :-)

Lucy Diamond said...

Lol!!! LL Cool J is a perfect nickname for my future granddaughter!

Debi said...

So will this be a stable birth?

Lucy Diamond said...

Yes! I'll just sort her out a bit of hay and a nice manger for LL Cool J, and she'll be all set. (I'm afraid nibbles will not be provided though, according to daughter:

Away in a manger, no crisps in the bed...

CTaylor said...

"Well there's something to look forward to"

You made me snigger! Love it.

Lucy Diamond said...

I quite fancy myself as the grandmother of Little Lord Jesus, Cally - makes me feel ever so special!

CC Devine said...

At least nobody else in the playground will have the same name!

Lucy Diamond said...

Very true - another bonus. Mind you, I'm starting to worry the poor girl will be confused. Might have to insist on 'Little Lady Jesus' at the very least...

Aimz said...

lol, quite funny! at least this will hopefully be a more hygenic birth! There should be room at an inn, there's enough of them!

Lucy Diamond said...

Aimz, that's true, I hadn't thought of that. There's a great big pub just down the road, I'm sure they could spare one of the sofas for the birth if need be!