Monday, 19 November 2007

The weekend according to my daughter

My eldest daughter's class take it in turns to bring home the class 'pets' which are toy rabbits and a dog every Friday afternoon. Then they have to write up all the things they did with their 'pet' over the weekend in a special book and read it out to the rest of the class on Monday morning. We had Rocky the rabbit spending the weekend with us, and I had a peek at my daughter's effort last night. This is (roughly) what she wrote:

"On Friday, Rocky and I went to B's house for tea. We had a disco. Rocky was a little bit naughty and had some wine.
On Saturday we went to see T and J in Cheddar. We went to Cheddar Gorge. Rocky had to say, boy, that was boring. Then we went back to T's and played Zoo Tycoon on his computer. It was GREAT.
On Sunday, G and L came to visit. It was GREAT."
[illustration of two faces in a square with caption: "Me and L in a box watching Harry Potter"]

Not sure what her teacher will have made of all this; I'm half-expecting that call from social services any minute... Discos, alcohol, boring day trips, being shut in a box... Please explain the meaning of this weekend report immediately!

9 comments:

Hayley said...

When I was a kid I got to look after the school rabbit over the summer holidays. Bloody thing died my parents weren't pleased as they had to buy another one.

Leigh said...

Surely all she needs to say is "I come from a creative family, you know," and she'll get away with anything.

Lucy Diamond said...

Hayley - oh no!! The trauma. At least you can't go too wrong with a toy rabbit - mind you, daughter did manage to lose his gold sparkly cape that another child had made for him...oh dear.

Leigh - yes, good one, I should have written that in myself at the bottom of her report. Next time I will know what to do...

Lane said...

Sounds like your daughter has inherited a healthy zest for life:-)
She should get a gold star and a smiley face for showing Rocky such a good time:-)

Lucy Diamond said...

Rocky had a blast! I just hope my daughter explains to her teacher that Rocky didn't really drink any wine (and neither did my daughter) - it was me and B's mum. Mind you, knowing my girl's tendency to exaggerate wildly, I hope she doesn't mention my wine consumption at all, or I'll be the subject of much discussion in the staff room!

Kate.Kingsley said...

Sound like Rocky had a better weekend than me!

I think it's the duty of the child to embarrass their parents with their "what i did at the weekend" essays ~ I apparently once wrote about how we went to the beach and my mum had to nip into a cave for a wee, but a man saw her, and dad said "she blushed all the way to her buttocks". Mum was of course thrilled that I shared this info with my teacher and classmates!

Lucy Diamond said...

"Blushing all the way to her buttocks" - !!! Fantastic phrase, that made me laugh out loud!
Your teacher must have loved that...bet it went round the staffroom like wildfire!

JJ said...

Oooh, I loved Cheddar. I went as a child and then we took our children hundreds of years later. We stayed on a cheese farm, and watched them making yummy cheddar (obviously). Perhaps Rocky should've been fed cheese, he might've enjoyed it more.

JJx

Keris said...

My nephew recently had to do an A-Z of things to take on a picnic. For V he put "vodka". Heh.