Tuesday, 27 November 2007

London calling

Feel a bit like a commuter at the moment, have been to work-y meetings in London twice in the last five days, and have another one to go to on Friday. All very nice actually - long train journeys (more reading time), seeing the Crimbo decos on Oxford Street (they look suspiciously Disney-sponsored unfortunately), window shopping, and sneaking extra non-work-y meetings with lovely brother and lovely author friend in the West End. Ahhh, I'm a city girl at heart...

The writing has taken rather a back seat with all this jaunting around, though, so had better crack on. I've reached 40,000 words on the new novel so I'm going to polish that up a bit this week and send it off to my agent for some feedback...fingers crossed...

7 comments:

Pacha said...

Sounds lovely! Its so refreshing to go to 'town' when you don't live in one. I have a soft spot for London myself. It must be gorgeous pre xmas time!

*sigh*

Good luck with the writing (in your new studio...)

JJ said...

That sounds very glam. I really love train journeys (on my own) so I can think, or read, or just gaze.

Helen said...

Now I don't work in London I love trips into London, the sights, the sounds, the smells. All very familiar. Even when I'm not there it stays the same.

Lucy Diamond said...

Totally agree, Pacha - London is great to visit but I wouldn't want to live there now. Nice to get on a train and rumble out to fields and hills again...

JJ - I love journeys too ESPECIALLY without children! I lucked in with a 'quiet carriage' too yesterday, ie mobile phones banned so no annoying people yacking on self-importantly. bliss!

Helen - the smells are NOT good, if you ask me! Luckily I have a cold so just enjoyed the sights and sounds, without the stinking fumes!

Lane said...

Sounds great. I appreciate London much more now than when I lived there.
A trip down now is a real treat (or maybe I just don't get out enough:-)

Hayley said...

Hope the meeting with your agent goes well. Hopefully one day I may be in the same position as you. One can dream!!

Lucy Diamond said...

I agree, Lane - and I'm off for another treat there tomorrow! I am racking up the train miles at the moment...

Thanks Hayley, and good luck with your agent search - you can make it happen!