Friday, 30 November 2007

A change is gonna come...

Okay, deep breaths, I think I'm over my little wobble yesterday. I remember doing exactly the same when I read Any Way You Want Me at this stage. It's that realisation of , Oh my God, this is actually going to be a book. People are going to read it! Aaarrrggghhh! - very scary. There are quite a few sad, introspective bits in this second novel too, and I'm not sure that I do sad and introspective very well, to be frank. Give me a bit of drama any day, or a few laughs.

Mind you, I am feeling a bit sad and introspective myself today as this is the last day of H-t-b's leave. He goes back to work on Monday! I am so gutted. It has been fab, both of us bimbling around at home for the last few months. It is all going to get so so so much harder from next week. He only works three days a week but all the same, it's three long days away in London, horribly early trains etc. He will never see daylight, let alone me and the kids (sniff). And I will almost certainly lose my marbles, trying to do school runs and packed lunches and everything else on my own. *sigh* I feel as if I'm not in control of all those little things that need doing right now - costumes for school play, raffle prize donations for school fair, hoovering, supermarket shopping, kids' homework time, let alone Christmas and WEDDING to sort out. I wish I could freeze time like Hiro and just stop everything else in the world so that I could catch up...

Right. Enough whinging. I'm off to give myself a shake and a pep talk, oh and get the biscuit tin. Then I've got to get myself dolled up for another trip to London this afternoon. Maybe some post-meeting shopping is what I need!

8 comments:

Pacha said...

You'll be fine! The novel will be wonderful and although I completely understand about the change when h-t-b returns to work 3 times a week I'm sure you'll get into the swing of the new routine soon and hopefully you won't have time to miss each other!

So much is happening over at yours!!!

Stay at home dad said...

There's always a Sylar to unfreeze time again though.... I wish I'd written Heroes. Now that would be fun.

Lane said...

I know exactly how you feel.
And while we're on the subject - to whoever stole November, I want it back - NOW.

Have a lovely trip to London:-)

Leigh said...

Wobbles are horrid. I hate them. I'm glad yours is over.

As for the rest of it, just make sure you've got some chocolate-covered contents in that biscuit tin. There's nothing like a few endorphins when life's a bit rough.

JJ said...

Yep, h-t-b going back to work will be a bit of a shock, but it'll soon be normal again.

Chocolate and wine is what I recommend during the shock period.

JJx

Lucy Diamond said...

You are all lovely, thanks for your nice messages. Deep breaths!!

Pacha, I think you're right, I think the anticipation is ALMOST the worst thing about h-t-b going back to work. I'm sure tomorrow I will just get on with things, without a single moan or backward glance. (Well. Maybe that's a BIT optimistic. You never know, though...)

SAHD - me too, I just LOVE Heroes. So looking forward to the double-bill finale on Wednesday!
PS That sideways flick of the eye just before Sylar went for Hiro was SO well done.

Lane - me too. Come back, November, all is forgiven! I can't believe it's December. I am already feeling like Slack Mum for not getting the advent calendars sorted in time...

Leigh and JJ - sterling advice on the chocolate/wine front. I have stocked up on Sainsbury's chocolate tiffin (soooo scrummy) and the fridge is pleasantly clinky with wine and beer...I can get through it!

Stay at home dad said...

Good wasn't it!

Lucy Diamond said...

Oooh yes, bring on series 2. Apart from that one cheesy exchange - "Ah lurv you Peeder/Ah lurv you Nathan" - it was all FANTASTIC. Hooray for Hiro!! (but why didn't he chop Sylar's head right off and be done with it? Sigh. They never learn, do they?)