Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Don't read this, read that!

Right...this really is it now. There are piles of boxes all around me, the pictures are down from the walls, we have turfed out all the Use By 2004 food items... We really are going. And later today, I'm going to dismantle this desk and pack up the pc, ready to take to our new home. I'll miss working up here in the loft. I've written two, nearly three, novels while we've been here and over fifty children's books. This space was where I clawed back some sanity, climbed up the metal ladder to come and write while my partner looked after the kids. It's where I've met you fellow bloggers and swapped stories. It's where I've built up my career.

I don't feel so sad about moving any more. Now that the house is looking so stripped and bare, it's not our home any longer. I'm excited now - ooh, a new start, what's going to happen in this new chapter?? I wonder what I'll write in my new office. I wonder who we'll meet and make friends with. I wonder how we'll fit in to our new community. I wonder how we'll look back on this summer. It's exciting, being on the very edge of something different. And our new house is empty and silent, just waiting for us to fill it with laughs and shrieks and pounding footsteps...

So, this is my last post for a time. But don't worry, there's a brand new website that will keep you entertained while I'm away. It's called Bookarazzi, and it's a collective effort, written and run by a group of bloggers-with-book-deals. You can have a look here.

See you soon!

19 comments:

CTaylor said...

Good luck with the move Sue. I hope it all goes smoothly. So glad you're feeling positive about it. See/read you on the other side!

Helen said...

Good luck Sue. Hope everything goes well.

Debi said...

May the sun shine on your new Real Life space.

It already is on the virtual ones ...Bookarazzi rocks!

Caroline said...

You sound so very excited honey. Safe journey x

Kate.Kingsley said...

Lucy/Sue ~ hope the move goes swiftly and smoothly and that you get sttled in soon.
Best wishes
Kate K

Helen said...

I've nominated you for a Rockin' Girl Blogger award for being my inspiration over the past few months! (See my site).

Drunk Mummy said...

All the best for your move!
If you feel overwhelmed by boxes when you get to your new house, you can take comfort in the fact that I have lived in my house for over nine years, yet there are STILL boxes in the loft that I haven't unpacked yet!

Lucy Diamond said...

Thanks, all of you. I'm switching off soon...eek! How will I survive without email?
In a while, crocodiles...

A. Writer said...

Just popping on to tell you I've nominated you for a Rockin' Girl Blogger award! ;)

Angie said...

What an exciting new step! Good luck with the move.

Clare said...

"And our new house is empty and silent, just waiting for us to fill it with laughs and shrieks and pounding footsteps..."

Ah, lovely. I love moving house. I know, it seems weird, but it's so *exciting*!

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

I hope you have many years of happiness in your new house.

Jane Henry said...

good luck with the move. If you have a moment spare (ha) i'm tagging you for a meme... eight random things about you...

dulwichmum said...

Good luck with the move. It all sounds very exciting.

DM

liz fenwick said...

Hope the move has gone well! Thinking of you.

Julia Buckley said...

Hope the move goes well. I'm sure you'll soon at home in whatever hidy-place you pick for yourself in the new house.
Jx

Lucy Diamond said...

Cheers, everyone! We are in and almost unpacked - well, give or take a few boxes - but still don't have phone or internet access - what a nightmare for a blogger. Hopefully normally service will be restored soon...

Single Mother on the Verge said...

Good luck with your move. How exciting. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.

Lucy Diamond said...

Cheers!