Thursday, 14 June 2007

Any news?

Another morning, another school run, another round of fifty questions of "Any news? Got your moving date yet? Have you heard anything from the school?" Nay, nay and thrice nay. Fifty times nay, more like. (I'm not bitching, they are all nice people. I am just sick of saying that there's no bloody news, again and again, arrrrrrggh.)

So no. No news. Contract arrived yesterday along with fifty pages of stuff related to the searches which is taking ages to plough through, and various forms we have to fill in. Guess what. We won't be exchanging this week after all. I feel like running up and down screaming, to be honest, but will hold back, due to napping two-year-old in close proximity.

Bizarrely, I am being comforted by my 1996 diary that I mentioned the other day. I am really enjoying reading it, remembering all those places I went to and all the people I met. I've got up to Java now, having survived a dog bite, motorbike crash, mashed-up Full Moon Party, a tit-grabbing perv, temples, mountains, sunrises on beaches, new friends, weirdos, drunken snogs and the shits. I have made it through Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, and have just been to see a volcano in Java. If I lived to tell the tale(s) of the south-east Asia experience, surely I can get through this moving house malarkey. Can't I?

9 comments:

hellojed said...

What I hate about moving house is that you're depending on other people, while when I was travelling I could just get up and go whenever I felt like it. I sympathise! Weekend is near, perhaps your partner can take you out and get you drunk? Oblivion worked for me!

Stay at home dad said...

I sympathize with your plight.

Any news?

Lucy Diamond said...

Hellojed, good idea re the sauce but must confes have already been over-indulging for the last month... Will have to be winched out of my house with a crane at this rate!

SAHD...no. Unless you count the fact that I realised last night that the useless solicitor had forgotten to send a form we need to fill in and sign in order to exchange. Aarrgghhhhh!

Rowan Coleman said...

Hi Lucy - thanks for you comment,I am a fan of your work too! Moving house is hell but I found drinking whole bottle of wine a night helped get me through it. If not my liver.
Rx

JJ said...

Hi there, I've been a bit slow on the uptake that you were back blogging again. I won't ask...

Glad to see you back, anyway.

Lucy Diamond said...

Hi Rowan - yes, the old standbys are the best. Our recycling box is very heavy at the moment!

Hello JJ - hope you are enjoying Blighty, flip-flops and all. Did you go last night? I am dying to hear all about it...
xx

JJ said...

Aw Lucy, I had to buy shoes: what a wimp I am. My purple flip flops gave me blisters and I was so cold... The first thing Caroline asked me when we met was 'where are the purple flip flops and orange nails?' A lovely time was had by all, though. I can't believe I've got to go back in a couple of days.

Lucy Diamond said...

It has been a bit crap weather for flip-flops - your poor little toes must have been shocked after Thailand heat! (I am such a saddo I wear my flip-flops regardless of rain, mud etc. I've broken them in now and it IS June!)

Clare said...

Ooooh yes, it is lovely to read old diaries. Which reminds me... it's ages since I did an update from my 1985 diary on my site.

But sadly I never did anything as exciting as travel round the world, and certainly never wrote any diaries about anything exciting!