Wednesday, 18 April 2007

Open wide

Just a quick one today as I've got to go to the dentist soon. SIGH. And straight after all my Easter-egging too, talk about atrocious timing. I've rationed myself to ONE cup of tea this morning and everything.

I am nearly at the end of my fliers - have about 80 left, I reckon, of the thousand I had printed up. My local advertising seems to be working though - I was dishing fliers out in the playground this morning and nearly EVERYONE said, Oh, I saw one of these in XX [local shop], is that you? Or - Oh, yes I read about this in XX [local magazine] - so that was very exciting. Let's hope a few people make it down to the signing after all this legwork. I keep having visions of me sat all alone in Waterstones, fixed smile on my face, as people walk by, completely ignoring me and the pile of unsold, unsigned books...

7 comments:

hellojed said...

I've been avoiding my dentist for years...when is the signing?

Helen said...

eek. Your word count is catching up with mine. I'm off to write some words!

liz fenwick said...

Bought the book yesterday at my local book shop Nomad in Fulham. Took photo of display it was in on my phone but can't find the cable at the moment to down load........when is the signing???

JJ said...

Wow, that means you've given out about 920 fliers. You'll have lots of people queuing, I'm sure.

Eeew - hope dentist goes okay. I really need to make an appointment for the dentist!

JJ

Lucy Diamond said...

The signing is this Saturday, 12-2 Brighton Waterstones. All welcome!!

Helen - don't worry, I'm sure I'll splutter to a halt any moment. You're quite safe!

Liz - THANK YOU! Very kind of you. Hope you like it.

JJ - dentist was fine, phew. Always so relieved to walk out of that place!

Jen said...

I'll be queueing, I'll be queueing!

:)

X

Lucy Diamond said...

Yay, Jen!! Can't wait to see you!