Friday, 23 March 2007

Ju-ust the two of us...

Very excited...going away tonight with partner, just the two of us, sans children, I-think-we're-alone-now etc. Oh yes. My parents are staying here in Mission Control while we're away, and we will be waving bye-bye and driving away this evening to a swanky hotel, as the last bit of my birthday present to Partner. Ooh, bliss or what? I am so looking forward to it. Love a good hotel, me. I think it's partly the legacy of all those camping holidays as a child. I like my creature comforts now, not leaky tents and soggy sleeping bags...

Other good news, Usborne said yes to my new proposal which is brilliant. Hoorahhhhhhhhh! Six new books to write, that will keep me busy for the rest of the year. So over the moon to get the call - being self-employed is a bit nerve-racking sometimes, wondering when the next pay cheque is going to arrive, and if anyone is ever going to want me to write another book again. So I'm really chuffed about that.

And then yesterday I got a call from my children's books agent, saying these people were interested in this, in relation to...
Sorry. I can't actually type it. I haven't signed anything yet and I'm too superstitious about it falling through and not happening to tell you properly. But it's good, anyway. Dead good. Good enough to see me get through a bottle of bubbly last night anyway. If it comes off, it will be a CAREER HIGHLIGHT!

I hardly dare go to the novel racers coffee morning today, once again have not written a single new word on the novel. But I've nearly finished my last Jake book so hopefully next week will be more productive on that front...
Have a fab weekend, everyone.

7 comments:

Helen said...

Congratulations on the Usborne proposal and the thing you don't want to type about yet...hope it works out.

You sound like you have been really busy so I wouldn't worry about your word count at the moment. I don't have all this going on in my life and I still haven't written much!

Jane Henry said...

Well done Sue. really pleased for you!

Enjoy your weekend. Spouse and I could use one I think...
jx

liz fenwick said...

Lucy. YAY. What brilliant news all round.

Have a fab night away. I'm quite jealous. Enjoy:-)

Caroline said...

I am sooooo happy for you. The good news is pouring in!

Hope that you're having fun x

Lucy Diamond said...

Cheers, all of you!

rivergirlie said...

uh-oh - we take the twins camping. are we setting them up for a lifetime of swanky hotel addiction?

Lucy Diamond said...

It is highly likely, I'm afraid!