Monday, 8 January 2007

Now that's magic

Have been reading The Magician's Nephew to eldest daughter - remember that one? I enjoyed it so much, despite the rather heavy-handed religious allegorical bits. Great story though.

I have also been enjoying sneaking off to read...

The Smash Hits Yearbook Collection or whatever it's called. Christmas prezzie from my brother and it's ace. Swingorilliant, you might say. I used to love Smash Hits...found myself getting all nostalgic for the Eighties reading all the articles again. Haysi Fantayzee...Jimmy the Hoover... Thompson Twins...all the greats. There's even a huge poster of Wham (Club Tropicana) and John Taylor at the back which gave me a massive Eighties flashback (scary) because as a Durannie I used to have that very same poster on my bedroom wall. John Taylor side, of course, even though I did love Wham too... Those were the days, eh, thirty-something readers??

The Starter Marriage by Kate Harrison - oh, I just loved this, the perfect book to curl up on the sofa with, glass of wine at hand, while the rain is lashing down outside. A fab girly fix, just the sort of thing I like.

Our Mutual Friend by Dickens. Ahh. My January literary challenge. Well, I've only read about 40 pages so far but I'm enjoying it so far. And in the words of the late Magnus Magnusson, I've started so I'll bloody well finish.

I was hoping for some advice on my moving dilemma by the way, you lot. Stop lurking and advise me!

4 comments:

Dave Hill said...

'Swingorilliant'? Now there's a word I'll have to steal.

P.S. You've been blogrolled - and not before time.

Lucy Diamond said...

Cheers for the link, Dave. And steal away - swingorilliant deserves to be back in common usage if you ask me!

Keris said...

And why didn't you tell me you had a new blog, huh?

I got the Smash Hits annual too. And I had the same feeling re the poster, but I had it Wham! side up. I now feel it's my duty to tell you that I once sat next to John Taylor at a Stevie Wonder concert. Just as handsome in real life (those cheekbones - swoon!), but he was with Amanda de Cadenet, sadly. Because, you know, otherwise I would've been in there. ;)

Lucy Diamond said...

You SAT NEXT TO JOHN TAYLOR??? God, I am so envious. There was a time when I would have killed (or at least scratched a person's eyes out) to be in the same building as him.
Phew. John Taylor. Now, that was a proper crush.